Below is a preliminary list of resources and readings that can inform the planning, design, and construction of makerspaces in schools. Use of these tools is optional, but encouraged.
For further resources and detailed lesson plans please see the CTE Makeover Bootcamp.
Note: All links are provided for informational purposes only.
- Maker Ed Resource Library
- Maker Ed Community
- Makerspaces.com, “MakerED Resources for School Makerspaces, 2nd Edition”
- Make: Magazine
- Maker Media
- Edutopia, “Maker Education”
- Digital Promise, “Maker Promise”
- Artisan’s Asylum, “So You Want a Makerspace?”
- Young Makers Program, “Maker Club Playbook”
- Advance CTE, “Career Clusters”
- WhiteHouse.gov, “A Nation of Makers”
This website contains information and resources from public and private organizations that may be useful to the reader. Inclusion of this information does not constitute an endorsement by the U.S. Department of Education (ED) or Luminary Labs of any products or services offered or views expressed. Blog articles provide insights on the activities of schools, programs, grantees, and other education stakeholders to promote continuing discussion of educational innovation and reform. Blog articles do not endorse any educational product, service, curriculum or pedagogy.
This website also contains hyperlinks and URLs created and maintained by outside organizations, which are provided for the reader’s convenience. ED and Luminary Labs are not responsible for the accuracy of the information contained therein.