Lesson 0: Orientation and Overview
Kick off your Bootcamp experience by participating in orientation, which offers an overview of the Bootcamp structure, Blueprint requirements, award selection criteria, deadlines, prizes, and next steps. The associated resources and readings will provide context for the Challenge including information on makerspaces and the White House “Nation of Makers” initiative.
- Lesson 0: Orientation and Overview presented by Luminary Labs: An introductory webinar
Watching the orientation webinar—either live or recorded—is required in order to submit a Blueprint
- Maker Ed Resource Library
- Maker Ed Community
- Makerspaces.com, “MakerED Resources for School Makerspaces 2nd Edition”
- Maker Media
- Edutopia, “Maker Education”
- Digital Promise, “Maker Promise”
- Artisan’s Asylum, “So You Want a Makerspace?”
- Young Makers Program, “Maker Club Playbook”
- National Association of State Directors of Career and Technical Education Consortium, “The National Career Clusters® Framework”
- WhiteHouse.gov, “A Nation of Makers”
- Maker Ed, “Makerspaces: Highlights of Select Literature”
This website contains information and resources from public and private organizations that may be useful to the reader. Inclusion of this information does not constitute an endorsement by the U.S. Department of Education (ED) or Luminary Labs of any products or services offered or views expressed. Blog articles provide insights on the activities of schools, programs, grantees, and other education stakeholders to promote continuing discussion of educational innovation and reform. Blog articles do not endorse any educational product, service, curriculum or pedagogy.
This website also contains hyperlinks and URLs created and maintained by outside organizations, which are provided for the reader’s convenience. ED and Luminary Labs are not responsible for the accuracy of the information contained therein.